Payments & Rebates
Booking may be made either via a referral from your GP or health practitioner, or you can contact Dr. Sam directly for an appointment.
In order to facilitate processing and best utilise your initial appointment time, we kindly ask you to download and complete the Client Consent Form.
Fees & Rebates
- Medicare rebates are available for psychological services provided by our practitioners under a Mental Health Care Plan. This Plan is completed by your General Practitioner and provides access to Medicare rebates for up to 10 sessions per calendar year.
- If referral is made by a Psychiatrist, a referral letter rather than a Mental Health Care Plan is required.
- Eligibility for Medicare rebates is contingent on the patient returning to the medical practitioner for a review of their progress after six psychological therapy sessions.
- Further information can be obtained by visiting the Australian Government Department of Health website – Better access to mental health care: fact sheet for patients.
- Fees are charged to private clients as per following discounted rates. These fees are significantly below those recommended by the Australian Psychological Society (APS), which are currently set at $238. The standard fee for a standard 50 minute session is $210 with Concession card holders receiving a discount. A medicare rebate of $126.50 is available on eligible sessions for clients with a Mental Health Care plan and a report is $55 including GST. If an offsite appointment is required, travel time will be charged and a quote for this cost will be provided prior to the appointment.
- Medicare rebates may be claimed at the practice on the day of your consultation.
Private Health Insurance Rebates
- Private health insurance plans may provide rebates for Clinical Psychology services. Please check with your insurance provider to obtain information further information regarding your level of cover.
- Patients are able to claim a single rebate for each psychological therapy session attended. Medicare and private health insurance rebates are not able to be claimed for the same consultation.
Workers Compensation Claims
- Consultation fees may be covered in the case of a workers compensation claim. Please consult with your workers compensation insurer or employer for further information.
Confirmation of appointments
- To help you manage your time and health an SMS will be sent out to you to remind you of your appointment, with an option to confirm or cancel. If for some reason you need to cancel or postpone the appointment, please provide 48 hours’ notice, or a $100 cancellation fee will apply.